Mississippi Housing Partnership (MHP) is a private 501(c)3, non-profit housing organization, committed to creating a Mississippi where every family has access to safe, decent and affordable housing. Founded in 1991 as the Jackson Metro Housing Partnership, MHP was conceived as a public-private partnership between city government, local financial institutions, two public utilities and community-based groups. Today, MHP continues to operate programs which are aimed at increasing and sustaining homeownership while offering services which assist eligible families in realizing other affordable housing dreams.
- Since January of 2015, MHP has distributed more than $371,350 in down payment assistance to 17 First Time Homebuyers within the City of Jackson.
- Since inception has provided Homebuyer Education classes to more than 1,000 low to moderate income families.
- Per Hardest-Hit Fund Program, MHP has helped over 400 homeowners statewide who were facing foreclosure and seeking recovery.
- MHP provides Affordable Rental Housing for low to moderate income families within the City of Jackson and has provided 27 families with safe, decent and affordable rental properties since January 2015.
- MHP provides counseling, resources and referrals to help prevent homelessness.
- Via MHP’s Supportive Housing Program (SHP), chronically homeless disabled women with or without children are assisted in an effort to help stop the cycle of homelessness.
- In collaboration with the city of Jackson, MHP facilitated comprehensive rehabilitation of approximately 10 homeowner occupied structures in west Jackson, resulting in the expenditure of roughly $850,000.
- HUD approved housing counseling agency.